21 December 2010

Mini Breakfast Pizzas

Here is a breakfast that is quick, easy, healthy, filling, and boy-approved.  What else could one ask for?  Although the idea of mini pizzas is not new, I hadn't thought to use the idea for breakfast until I saw this idea from Eating Well magazine.

I don't toast my whole wheat English muffins as directed, and I scramble one egg per person plus one.  I wish I could say that I made my own pizza sauce, but it just didn't happen this summer.  I checked all the labels of all available, and Contadina pizza sauce in the squeeze bottle is one that has less sugar than others.

Encyclopedia enjoys the entire pizza experience, with lots of sauce and a few extra turkey pepperonis, but Cool Guy is minimalist: no sauce, and no pepperoni.  He just likes the muffin, the egg, and plenty of mozzarrella on top.

Total time making this beauty was seriously under 15 minutes, and I had the good feeling that, with the addition of orange slices, I was sending the boys out filled with whole grains, protein, fruit, and dairy.  Not a bad way to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment