06 January 2012

New Year's Resolution

Hello, Dear Reader,

Have you made a New Year's Resolution yet?  Two years ago, mine was to cook real breakfasts as often as possible, and I think that one changed my life.  (Not drastically, but change it did.)  If you don't have a resolution yet, may I suggest that one?  Just jump in there, scramble an egg or two (no more time involved than a bowl of cereal) and see how your year goes.

My resolution - outside of my usuals: eat less, pray more - is to make a commitment to post on this blog at least once a week.  In order to do that, I must put it on my TO DO list, which I follow religiously (unlike praying, which I should do religiously *sigh*).  Right now, my mind is buzzing with topics.  I have a really good fancy-schmancy breakfast cookbook, from which I'd like to try quite a few recipes, preferably whittled down and simplified to fit a real person's life.  I'm going to begin with the egg chapter this week, so tomorrow, I go to the farmer's market to get some really good, really fresh eggs.

And then, I've got quite a few product reviews.  After 26 years of marriage, I decided that the cruddy old pots and pans that I've struggled against should be retired, and I've done the research, and made the plunge.

Also, I've noticed that my posts of late have been rather slapdash, which is fine some of the time, but definitely not what I had set out to do.  So I am planning on incorporating a little more research into what I'm blogging about so that we can all (including me) learn exactly WHY such-and-such thing is good for us, and exactly HOW it is so.

I am very excited about upping the level of the blog, and hope that you all will check in from time to time.  Look out next week to see if my resolution is holding. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment